Thursday 21 February 2013

A Kids Project

Sometimes I am SUCH a doofus!

Just posted that massive blog about my work and stuff and totally forgot to include a cool little thing I got to be a part of last summer! I can't believe I haven't blogged about this at all! Duh!

Last summer I was asked by the very talented Maxwell A. Oginni if I would like to be a part of a project he had organised. Basically, Max had been to a school and done a presentation to a class full of children. Something I have done myself on a few occasions so I know how terrifying it can be. He then asked the kids to develop their own superheroes. The next stage from there would be Max passing on the kids ideas to a variety of different artists for them to interpret what the kids have come up with and to do it in a more... professional capacity.

I was more than happy to be a part of such a cool project! Getting kids into Superheroes and comic books is always a good thing in my opinion.

My friend and regular collaborator Kris Carter was also asked but since he mainly colours these days, he asked if I would draw his as well and he would colour both of the drawings I came up with. Being a fan of Kris' colouring, I of course agreed.

These are what we came up with:

 

I know the styles are somewhat different in my work here but I figured that would be more fun for the kids!

Anyway, I think that's defintely it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment