Wednesday 10 June 2015

Adult Colouring Pages and Commissions and stuff

Well... Wow! I can't believe this is my first post of 2015 and we're already in to June! That's appalling and I apologise, profusely.

I've been really rather busy as of late though and the blog hasn't been in the forefront of my mind!

Working as a freelance Illustrator seems to be working out quite well for me. I have had a relatively successful first year and am hoping to improve on it going in to year 2.
My new comic "Druid Investigations" is over half way penciled and inked. I'm hoping to have the entire thing ready and in print for Thought Bubble in November, along with Lou Scannon #8,

Fingers Crossed.

Anyways, the latest art trend seems to be adult colouring pages. Now, I colour a lot in my spare time anyway. All my own work, obviously, but I looked into these adult colouring books. The art is more often than not, very intricate.. but consists mostly of things like butterflies. Not really my thing and I assumed that there would be other people out there, like me, that would want to colour but not colour things like flowers and butterflies.
So I started designing my own geeky colouring pages and then putting them on etsy as instantly downloadable PDF colouring pages.

Here are some examples for you to check out:




These bad boys are only £1.50 each and are a hell of a lot of fun to colour! I even had a crack at the viking one myself! Check this bad boy out:


If you would like to have a go at one of these or my other designs (They're apparently good for helping adults cope with stress, anxiety and ADHD) then you can buy them, along with a load of my other prints, HERE.

You can also "like" my facebook page if you want updates about upcoming pages and the such, HERE.


I'll be posting some images from my new comic project very soon. Including some pages that will be in the upcoming anthology for the Cardiff Independent Comic Expo being held at the end of the month.

Not THAT I can't wait for.

More on that in my next blog.

I also wanted to make you aware that I am taking commissions. I have been developing a somewhat super cartoony style that seems to be getting quite popular with the help of Instagram.

if you want to follow me on Instagram, you can HERE.

Here are some examples of some recent pieces in that cartoony style:





If you would like to commission me to draw you something, you can instagram me, hit me up on twitter, or email me!

Take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment